Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mini Apple Crisp

I had no idea what I was going to cook when I got home from work a few nights ago.  I like to make things using ingredients that I already have.  That night, I happened to have a few apples that needed to be used....a mini apple crisp was the result.

I started with fresh apple slices (peeled) and placed them in the mini pie pan. (I had two apples, so I made a mini sized version of this apple crisp.)

The 'crisp' consisted of rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder and melted butter.  The apples were covered in a mixture of cinnamon ( I went a little heavy on the cinnamon because I like it that way) white sugar and a little bit of flour.

Add the crisp topping to the apples ( before)

(after) Baked until bubbling and crisp.  


What I couldn't photograph was the way that this makes your house smell, which is an added bonus.  This took no more than 15 minutes to prepare and doesn't require babysitting while in the oven.  Apple crisp doesn't need to have perfect portions to taste good.

Just goes to prove that you don't have to spend all night making dessert to have  homemade delights.  Apple desserts are always a crowd pleaser and allow you to focus on the rest of your meal while its in the oven.

**I recommend adding ice cream and enjoying while still warm**

No comments:

Post a Comment