Saturday, March 17, 2012

My drunk cupcake

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

It was a busy week, and I had a hard time thinking of what I wanted to blog about.  Given that it was St. Patrick's Day, I thought I would combine two good things to make a great thing.  Cupcakes and alcohol.

This is how it went down....

Chocolate cake batter.

Chocolate cupcakes, fresh out of the oven!

Ready for frosting!

Here is the secret: Bailey's Irish buttercream frosting.

After frosting.

My drunk cupcake.  I left it alone and this is what happened. 

I've named these " Bailey's Irish Pot-o-Gold cupcakes."  The chocolate cupcakes were normal, but it was the frosting that made them over the top.  My guests referred to the frosting as "the bomb" as they fought over who got to lick the bowl of frosting clean. 

The rest of my night looked a little something like this:  
My mother's homemade bread, butter and grilled.  NY Strip steak, Chicken tenderloins, grilled vegetables and baked potatoes.  #sofull

Brown sugar chicken tenderloins.

Grilled asparagus, zucchini, onion, portabella mushrooms and green pepper. 

Grilled NY Strip steak.  

I hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day!

Drunk cupcakes and pots of gold for everyone,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment